From: Fabio Pagano on
I was wondering why is there so little interest on the reportviewer control
and the report designer integrated in VS 2005. It seems very cool and i
think it can replace Crystal Reports. Moreover, it can be used locally (you
give the filled dataset) or in conjunction with SqlServer Reporting
Services.

I am interested with local reports (not reporting services actually), here
are two useful links about reportviewer:

Microsoft web newsgroup:
http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/showforum.aspx?forumid=75&siteid=1

Tutorial, samples and so on:
http://www.gotreportviewer.com/

I hope that Microsoft reportviewer will replace Crystal Reports soon.

From: Greg Burns on
I, for one, am very interested in the ReportViewer control. They are some
good videos on it also...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdntv/episode.aspx?xml=episodes/en/20050616SQLServerBW/manifest.xml

http://channel9.msdn.com/Showpost.aspx?postid=109335

Greg

From: Fabio Pagano on
"Greg Burns" <bluebunny(a)newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
> I, for one, am very interested in the ReportViewer control. They are some
> good videos on it also...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdntv/episode.aspx?xml=episodes/en/20050616SQLServerBW/manifest.xml

> http://channel9.msdn.com/Showpost.aspx?postid=109335

I hope more documentation will come soon (books!), anyway the
www.gotreportviewer.com site has very good examples, two days ago they
published an example on how to send a report as a pdf attachment using
Outlook, very nice.

In these days i am studying the reportviewer, the more i see it, the more i
like it.