From: kjaslow on

When I use Outlook on my laptop, the client is going to OWA under the
covers. When I first start Outlook I'm prompted for a network
username/password. If I make a mistake when I type this password, the
only way I know to fix the problem is to quit outlook and make sure that
there is no longer any outlook.exe process and then restart. This is
complicated by the fact that we use Communicator at my company, and so
that app also has to be shut down.

Is there an easy way to bring back the prompt so I can correct the
password without having to quit Outlook altogether?

Thanks!

--
kjaslow
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"kjaslow" <kjaslow.477rby(a)invalid> wrote in message

> When I use Outlook on my laptop, the client is going to OWA under the
> covers.

No, it's not. Both Outlook and Outlook Web Access (not related to Outlook)
are Exchange clients, accessing a mailbox on an Exchange server. Outlook
cannot "go to" OWA. What are you really using? Ask OWA questions in
microsoft.public.exchange.clients.

> When I first start Outlook I'm prompted for a network
> username/password. If I make a mistake when I type this password, the
> only way I know to fix the problem is to quit outlook and make sure that
> there is no longer any outlook.exe process and then restart. This is
> complicated by the fact that we use Communicator at my company, and so
> that app also has to be shut down.
>
> Is there an easy way to bring back the prompt so I can correct the
> password without having to quit Outlook altogether?

If you enter the wrong Exchange credentials, eventually Outlook will time out
and ask again. In fact, it shouldn't take very long for that reprompt to
occur.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]