From: Umar on

Motivation:
* Trying not to reinvent the wheel
* Attempt for partial reuse from a prior effort

I am planning to embark on a project to systematically migrate from an
existing
Sharepoint 2007 implementation to Sharepoint 2010. I will be gathering
business
and technical requirements, aggregate, prioritize and simplify the
business requirements and simplify the solution wherever possible.

I'd like to know if there exist tools to reverse engineer a subset of
the requirements from an existing Sharepoint 2007 implementation that
has an inherent amount of complexity.

Happy to learn about any prior efforts from similar projects so that I
can
create a requirements checklist and understand the good, bad and ugly.

Thanks for sharing.