From: Durward Rogers on
My system got a virus that corrupted the four files:
kernel32.dll
dnsapi.dll
powrprof.dll
wininet.dll
I have cleaned up everything else but I need to restore these. How do I get
the SP3 versions of these files? I have the XP Pro CD but it was the original
release and I have updated since then. Of course, the virus also overwrote
the copies in windows service pack files dir so I can't copy those and I
don't have a restore point so I need to know where I can go to get clean
copies.
Thanks
Durward
From: Oceana on
Hey Durward,

XP SP3 can be downloaded here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5B33B5A8-5E76-401F-BE08-1E1555D4F3D4&displaylang=en

run with the "WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe -x" switch this will
extract the iso to your hard disk, without installing the Service Pack.

then search for each of your files in the extracted directory for replacing
copies.

Later,

Oceana