From: Jose on
On Feb 20, 2:26 pm, Michael Dobony <sur...(a)stopassaultnow.net> wrote:
> I have a computer I am working on that is infected by viruses in the system
> files. I know there is a command to check the system files and replace
> corrupt or missing ones with the originals. I am running antivirus on it
> right now, but need this command. Anybody know what comman/app this is that
> checks the system files?
>
> Mike D.

Perform some scans for malicious software, then fix any remaining
issues:

Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware
detection programs:

Malwarebytes (MBAM): http://malwarebytes.org/
SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS): http://www.superantispyware.com/

They can be uninstalled later if desired.

If you still think you have issues, describe the issue as best you can.
From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 13:26:31 -0600, Michael Dobony
<survey(a)stopassaultnow.net> wrote:

> I have a computer I am working on that is infected by viruses in the system
> files.

How did you determine that? How many viruses? *What* viruses? What
files are infected?

> I know there is a command to check the system files and replace
> corrupt or missing ones with the originals.

You are perhaps thinking of System Restore, but be aware that it will
not be effective against most viruses.

> I am running antivirus on it

*What* anti-virus program? Be aware that they are far from equally
good.

> right now, but need this command. Anybody know what comman/app this is that
> checks the system files?
>
> Mike D.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup