From: joe on
Hi their,
i have a medium farm sharepoint portal with 2 front end and 2 backend, I am
trying to restore the backup to a test environment with one backend and one
front end. The test server is on the same network.
I am using the central adim for this job and have chosen new configuration
as I don't want conflict with production server.
I am new to this would very much Appreciate help in filling the fields as i
am getting to many errors.
New web application name:
New database server name:
New directory name:
New database name:

Thanks in advance
Ali
From: Brad Helicher on
On May 24, 1:17 am, joe <j...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi their,
> i have a medium farm sharepoint portal with 2 front end and 2 backend, I am
> trying to restore the backup to a test environment with one backend and one
> front end. The test server is on the same network.
> I am using the central adim for this job and have chosen new configuration
> as I don’t want conflict with production server.
> I am new to this would very much Appreciate help in filling the fields as i
> am getting to many errors.
> New web application name:
> New database server name:
> New directory name:
> New database name:
>
> Thanks in advance
> Ali

Hi Ali,

Mirroring prod back to test can be a complex task (to sync up
differences). You may choose to look at 3rd party solutions such as
ROSS from RepliWeb (www.repliweb.com/ross) which can automate and
resolve differences.

Brad (w/ RepliWeb)

Pages: 1