From: jeff001 on
Hi

I have a field in a table called tblTransaction in
which there is a field called "ListingEbayNumber"

I have created a simple query that just has the single
field "ListingEbayNumber" and Criteria = "Is Not Null"

The field is collecting the "ListingEbayNumber" as it
"really" is...a 22 digit number

I would like to be able to see just the first 12 digits
of the number and export it as a .csv file

1004649492250624085656
2003436666340521154757
2003415699520522072543

Displays as

100464949225
200343666634
200341569952

Thanks in advance
From: Bernd Gilles on
bobdydd schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I have a field in a table called tblTransaction in
> which there is a field called "ListingEbayNumber"
>
> I have created a simple query that just has the single
> field "ListingEbayNumber" and Criteria = "Is Not Null"
>
> The field is collecting the "ListingEbayNumber" as it
> "really" is...a 22 digit number
>
> I would like to be able to see just the first 12 digits
> of the number and export it as a .csv file
>
> 1004649492250624085656
> 2003436666340521154757
> 2003415699520522072543
>
> Displays as
>
> 100464949225
> 200343666634
> 200341569952

SELECT Left$([ListingEbayNumber],12) AS EbayNumber FROM MyTable

--
regards, Bernd
---
From: bobdydd on
On 25 June, 13:24, Bernd Gilles <newsgro...(a)gilles-family.de> wrote:
> bobdydd schrieb:
>

> > Hi
>
> > I have a field in a table called tblTransaction in
> > which there is a field called "ListingEbayNumber"
>
> > I have created a simple query that just has the single
> > field "ListingEbayNumber" and Criteria = "Is Not Null"
>
> > The field is collecting the "ListingEbayNumber" as it
> > "really" is...a 22 digit number
>
> > I would like to be able to see just the first 12 digits
> > of the number and export it as a .csv file
>
> > 1004649492250624085656
> > 2003436666340521154757
Hi

Thanks I will try that