From: Lay on
Dear Access experts,

I am using Access 2003 mdb now. I plan to convert it to mde file for
security reasons. May I know if the creation of new queries and
modification of existing queries will be affected in any way with mde
files? Are there any restrictions?

I saw some problems about queries with mde files on the net, so I got
worried. Thank you in advance.
From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 01:26:20 -0700 (PDT), Lay <lightaiyee(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

What did you read? Do you have a link?

No, there are no restrictions with regards to queries.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

From: David W. Fenton on
Lay <lightaiyee(a)gmail.com> wrote in
m:

> I am using Access 2003 mdb now. I plan to convert it to mde file
> for security reasons. May I know if the creation of new queries
> and modification of existing queries will be affected in any way
> with mde files? Are there any restrictions?
>
> I saw some problems about queries with mde files on the net, so I
> got worried.

Do you understand what an MDE is? I don't think you do, or you
wouldn't be asking this question. I suggest you read up on it.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: Lay on
On Jun 26, 7:03 am, "David W. Fenton" <XXXuse...(a)dfenton.com.invalid>
wrote:
> Lay <lightai...(a)gmail.com> wrote innews:27bb4b86-0bac-4d4a-b262-ecee97f76097(a)u26g2000yqu.googlegroups.co
> m:
>
> > I am using Access 2003 mdb now. I plan to convert it to mde file
> > for security reasons. May I know if the creation of new queries
> > and modification of existing queries will be affected in any way
> > with mde files? Are there any restrictions?
>
> > I saw some problems about queries with mde files on the net, so I
> > got worried.
>
> Do you understand what an MDE is? I don't think you do, or you
> wouldn't be asking this question. I suggest you read up on it.
>
> --
> David W. Fenton                  http://www.dfenton.com/
> usenet at dfenton dot com    http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/

Thank you for all your replies. Pardon my ignorance. I thought once
compiled, the file cannot be changed anymore and read-only. Now, I
know that is wrong. Thank you.
From: David W. Fenton on
:

> On Jun 26, 7:03�am, "David W. Fenton"
> <XXXuse...(a)dfenton.com.invalid> wrote:
>> Lay <lightai...(a)gmail.com> wrote
>> innews:27bb4b86-0bac-4d4a-b262-ecee97f76
> 097(a)u26g2000yqu.googlegroups.co
>> m:
>>
>> > I am using Access 2003 mdb now. I plan to convert it to mde
>> > file for security reasons. May I know if the creation of new
>> > queries and modification of existing queries will be affected
>> > in any way with mde files? Are there any restrictions?
>>
>> > I saw some problems about queries with mde files on the net, so
>> > I got worried.
>>
>> Do you understand what an MDE is? I don't think you do, or you
>> wouldn't be asking this question. I suggest you read up on it.
>
> Thank you for all your replies. Pardon my ignorance. I thought
> once compiled, the file cannot be changed anymore and read-only.
> Now, I know that is wrong. Thank you.

Try reading the help file. Then ask questions based on having
attempted to inform yourself.

It's certainly OK not to understand the brief and pithy content of
the help files.

It's *not* OK to keep blithely asking people to explain it to you
when you don't seem to have even tried to understand it on your own.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/