From: Patok on
Patok wrote:
> Billns wrote:
>> On 7/2/2010 10:55 AM, Patok wrote:
>>
>>> For some reason, System Restore includes other drives than the system
>>> boot drive in its "monitoring" status, even though I turn them off. They
>>> stay turned off for awhile, but then, for unknown reasons, start being
>>> monitored again. This is especially annoying, because I have to keep
>>> watch for it, as if I have nothing better to do.
>>> Is there anything I can do to make it monitor just one drive, and never
>>> ever look at the others?
>>> (Normally I wouldn't bother, but in this case all the other drives are
>>> external USB drives, that may be here, or may not be, and there's no
>>> system files on them, just data, that's backed up anyway.)
>>>
>> Try this:
>> Turn system restore off on all drives. You'll lose all your restore
>> points.
>> Restart computer.
>> Turn system restore back on but only for your C: drive (or wherever
>> you have Windows installed).
>> Make a new system restore point.
>
> Thanks. I did it, we'll see how it works out. I /think/ I have done it
> before, but I'm not sure - after all, I wasn't expecting stuff like
> that. Now, after doing it explicitly and purposely, I'm curious if it
> will make any difference.

The recent System Restore questions reminded me that I did not share
the outcome of above. And the outcome is - it works. So far (more than a
month since), System restore is monitoring just the system drive, and no
unwanted monitoring of other drives has happened.

--
You'd be crazy to e-mail me with the crazy. But leave the div alone.
--

Pages: 1
Prev: remove unnecessary tools
Next: GPS receiver