From: Theo Grimmelikhuijsen on
Dear All,

Can somebody tell me how I can remove tools in windows you never (or almost
never) use?
I need more space on my hard disk.

thanks in advance

--
best regards,

Theo Grimmelikhuijsen

From: Unknown on
You won't be able to create very much space. You'll be much better off
buying a larger HD.
They are very much lower in price than they use to be.

From: Db on
if you are trying to modify
the operating system by
removing its embedded
tools,

it is not possible.

if you are running short
on disk space, it will
be futile and the what
little free space you can
gain will last for a
very short time.

however one way to
free disk space is to
clean out the temporary
files.

another method you
can also use is simply
remove unwanted programs.

it is highly likely when you
initially installed the o.s. you
had lots of disk space to
use.

so it is not the o.s.'s fault
if you had run out of
disk space.

incidentally how large
is your hard drive and
how much ram/memory
do you have installed?

db���`�...�><)))�>

DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This NNTP newsgroup is evolving to:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 19:39:29 +0200, "Theo Grimmelikhuijsen"
<tggrimm(a)planet.nl> wrote:

> Can somebody tell me how I can remove tools in windows you never (or almost
> never) use?
> I need more space on my hard disk.

There are various things you can do that will save some disk space.
But the amount of disk space saved will only be a few pennies worth.
If that amount is significant to you, all these things would be no
more than a stopgap measure, and the only real solution to your
problem is buying a larger drive.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Bert Hyman on
In news:4c5da74c$0$14123$703f8584(a)textnews.kpn.nl "Theo
Grimmelikhuijsen" <tggrimm(a)planet.nl> wrote:

> But I have a mini-laptop, hard disk only 12 gb, split up in two
> partitions, C: 4 gb and D: 8 gb.
>
> Windows and some necessary files are on the C-drive
>
> Starting up the systems says there is not enough space on C, and is
> very very slow, that is the reason of my question

If your paging file is on your C: partition, consider moving it to your
D: partition, making sure that it's not configured to a fixed size
that's too large.

Right-click "My Computer", select "Properties", click the "Advanced"
tab, click the "Settings" button in the "Performance" area, select the
"Advanced" tab in the "Performance Options" dialog, then click the
"Change" button in the "Virtual memory" area.

If you choose to change the settings, consider changing the C drive
setting to "No paging file", and in the D drive setting, select "System
managed size."

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert(a)iphouse.com