From: Jentan78 on
Hi,

I had encountered one problem which I do not know what have gone wrong.
The problem is- I had written a window based program using visual basic 6 and
it enables users to generate 2 output .csv files. When I do testing in my
office using the same set of data that my client is using, the results in the
2 generated .csv files are correct with data in both files. However, when my
client use the same program to run in their office, all the data is written
to 1 output file and the other output file don't have any data. Only header
is written on it.

Please kindly advise what could have gone wrong.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Jennifer
From: Helmut Meukel on
"Jentan78" <Jentan78(a)discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> I had encountered one problem which I do not know what have gone wrong.
> The problem is- I had written a window based program using visual basic 6 and
> it enables users to generate 2 output .csv files. When I do testing in my
> office using the same set of data that my client is using, the results in the
> 2 generated .csv files are correct with data in both files. However, when my
> client use the same program to run in their office, all the data is written
> to 1 output file and the other output file don't have any data. Only header
> is written on it.
>
> Please kindly advise what could have gone wrong.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards,
> Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

"insufficient data".
What are the differences between your settings and those of your customer?
(OS version, user rights, ...)
How looks the code you are using?
(please provide snippets of of your code)

Helmut.

From: Dave O. on
Not enough information

Do you write with the same routine for both files?
Are there possible folder permission problems?
Is the customer sure that the file with just the header is new, or was it
there before and the program is not writing anything or is incapable of
overwriting an existing file?
Are the path names on the customer PC or network too long, depending on how
you select the path a path that exceeds MAX_PATH (often set to 260) might
not work.
That's just the first few ideas, without some more info I couldn't really
say.

Regards
Dave O.

From: Martin Trump on
Jennifer

> I had encountered one problem which I do not know what have gone wrong.

Seeing your code would help no end.

Martin