From: Debbie on
Before upgrading to Office 2007, each month I would update data in various
Excel files (.xls format). The excel charts were originally linked to
powerpoint slides (.ppt format) and upon opening the powerpoint file, i would
simply update the links and the powerpoint file was ready for use.

Since upgrading to Office 2007, each month, I have to relink my excel charts
into the powerpoint file.
A task that used to take less than 1 minute, now requires about 1 hour work
at month end, when 1 hour is precious time lost.

Does anybody know what steps I need to follow to ensure that my linked excel
charts remained linked for use in the following months?

Thank you for any help offered.
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <A486468A-2FBB-40A9-976E-FBD3506F97EC(a)microsoft.com>, Debbie wrote:
> Before upgrading to Office 2007, each month I would update data in various
> Excel files (.xls format). The excel charts were originally linked to
> powerpoint slides (.ppt format) and upon opening the powerpoint file, i would
> simply update the links and the powerpoint file was ready for use.
>
> Since upgrading to Office 2007, each month, I have to relink my excel charts
> into the powerpoint file.
> A task that used to take less than 1 minute, now requires about 1 hour work
> at month end, when 1 hour is precious time lost.
>
> Does anybody know what steps I need to follow to ensure that my linked excel
> charts remained linked for use in the following months?
>
> Thank you for any help offered.

Is this happening with files that started in PPT/Excel 2003 and were moved
forward into 2007?

What happens with files created from scratch in Office 2007?

Are the linked files on a network drive? Try with them locally.

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/