From: pom15595 on
If I set up a spreadsheet that includes references of the form =C3 etc, if I
then define a name for cell C3 (eg "cost"), then I have to manually go back
through the spreadsheet to find references to C3 and change them to the name.

Is there a clever way (other than find and replace) to automatically or via
macro etc to go through a spreadsheet at replace all relative references with
the name reference?

Any ideas?
From: ozgrid.com on
See "Apply Names" in Excel help.

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

From: T. Valko on
This worked for me...

C3 = 97

In G9 I entered a simple link formula =C3
In A15 I entered the formula =C3+3

I then selected cell C3 and gave it the name Cost

With cell C3 still selected
Goto Insert>Name>Apply
Select Cost
OK

The formula in G9 was changed to =Cost
The formula in A15 was changed to =Cost+3

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP