From: Andy on
I have a cell with 'Mr J. Smith' and want to return in another cell 'Smith'.
As there are many other examples, I need a function that will seek out the
last ' ' in the cell content and then return all characters to the right
hand-side of this ' '.

e.g. 'Mr K Peters' would return 'Peters'

Please let me know if I can clarify!
From: Jacob Skaria on
Hi Andy

=TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",REPT(" ",255)),255))

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Andy on
Brilliant, thanks!