From: Owain on
Rhythmbox has just pissed me off by:
1. Extracting all the tracks from a CD, not just the ones I wanted and
had selected
2. Asking if I want to overwrite existing file, if I say Y it
overwrites it and if I say N it skips the track. The CD has multiple
tracks with the same same. This is intention. 1-9 are instrumental and
10-18 are voiceover.

Owain

From: Duncan Corps on
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:09:57 -0800, Owain wrote:
> Rhythmbox has just pissed me off by:
> 1. Extracting all the tracks from a CD, not just the ones I wanted and
> had selected
> 2. Asking if I want to overwrite existing file, if I say Y it overwrites
> it and if I say N it skips the track. The CD has multiple tracks with
> the same same. This is intention. 1-9 are instrumental and 10-18 are
> voiceover.

I use Sound Juicer for ripping. Its configuration options are more
sensible than the ones exposed in Rhythmbox, including having the disc
and track numbers as part of the file name- avoiding such conflicts.

I only play/manage with Rhythmbox. It's good, but not great.