From: jenneylist on
Rikiki: LaCie Introduces the Most Compact Portable Hard Drive and also
Cheaper
http://www.techespot.com/2009/12/compact-portable-hard-drive.html

From: Cronos on
jenneylist wrote:
> Rikiki: LaCie Introduces the Most Compact Portable Hard Drive and also
> Cheaper
> http://www.techespot.com/2009/12/compact-portable-hard-drive.html

Some people may care about being compact but I only care about price per
mb and reliability. $149.00 for 640GB is not a good price. I can easily
get 1TB for that price.
From: Rod Speed on
Cronos wrote
> jenneylist wrote

>> Rikiki: LaCie Introduces the Most Compact Portable Hard Drive and also Cheaper
>> http://www.techespot.com/2009/12/compact-portable-hard-drive.html

> Some people may care about being compact but I only care about price
> per mb and reliability. $149.00 for 640GB is not a good price. I can
> easily get 1TB for that price.

I can easily get a 1.5TB drive for that price and the last one I got I got it for quite a bit less than that.

From: Cronos on
Rod Speed wrote:

> I can easily get a 1.5TB drive for that price and the last one I got I got it for quite a bit less than that.

Yes, I was just guess-ti-mating as I haven't looked at external HDD
prices recently. My first and only 1TB external cost me about $250.00
CAD because I bought it before there were single 1TB HDDs and it has 2
Hitachi 500GB HDDs with a RAID card inside. All I have besides that is a
500GB external (paid $100.00 CAD), and a media server with 250GB HDD
inside but that was given to me. I do have some flaky external cases
though that I can put any barebones HDD into but they are Ngear brand
and the IDE controller on them sucks.