From: N_Cook on
Someone asked me if I knew how to do an invisible/near invisible repair. So
far I've never been in that situation but it could easily happen. Anyone
successfully repaired one? I've a few ideas but nothing tried. Assume fancy
tinsel stranded, open weave mesh fabric, unobtanium exact match new fabric
to the original.

From: Ron on
On 10/08/2010 11:47, N_Cook wrote:
> Someone asked me if I knew how to do an invisible/near invisible repair. So
> far I've never been in that situation but it could easily happen. Anyone
> successfully repaired one? I've a few ideas but nothing tried. Assume fancy
> tinsel stranded, open weave mesh fabric, unobtanium exact match new fabric
> to the original.

Take it to an antiques restorer
From: N_Cook on
Ron <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
> On 10/08/2010 11:47, N_Cook wrote:
> > Someone asked me if I knew how to do an invisible/near invisible repair.
So
> > far I've never been in that situation but it could easily happen.
Anyone
> > successfully repaired one? I've a few ideas but nothing tried. Assume
fancy
> > tinsel stranded, open weave mesh fabric, unobtanium exact match new
fabric
> > to the original.
> >

> Take it to an antiques restorer

I happen to know a textiles restorer, usually material like Nelson's Victory
red ensign restoration (not repairing the shrapnel holes) but worth asking
him next time I see him.

From: Meat Plow on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:47:17 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

> Someone asked me if I knew how to do an invisible/near invisible repair.
> So far I've never been in that situation but it could easily happen.
> Anyone successfully repaired one? I've a few ideas but nothing tried.
> Assume fancy tinsel stranded, open weave mesh fabric, unobtanium exact
> match new fabric to the original.

Order the original grill cloth if possible and replace. If not match as
close as possible.

From: Dave M on
N_Cook wrote:
> Someone asked me if I knew how to do an invisible/near invisible
> repair. So far I've never been in that situation but it could easily
> happen. Anyone successfully repaired one? I've a few ideas but
> nothing tried. Assume fancy tinsel stranded, open weave mesh fabric,
> unobtanium exact match new fabric to the original.

Take a look here (http://www.grillecloth.com/) and try to match or closely
approximate the cloth on your speakers. If you're looking for an exact
match, your best bet would be to replace the cloth on all speakers.

--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net