From: Darwin123 on
On Aug 11, 4:46 pm, "Androcles" <Headmas...(a)Hogwarts.physics_z> wrote:

> 1) Why does the electromagnetic field retain its circular integrity?
> 2) Why would a circular fluid hold its shape?
> Use known facts, drosen. Light travels in beams, no "if" needed.
Aww. You mean there is no such thing a light spreading
isotropically? What happened to spherical wave fronts? What happened
to orbital angular momentum in light? What do you mean by "beam?"
I don't think you know what a beam is. You have no idea what it has
to do with fluids. You are just babbling.
You don't have any facts. Beams are not always circular. Have you
gone to a movie recently? The beams coming out of the projector are
not entirely circular or cylindrical. The image projected by the beam
gives a noncircular structure to the beam.
Look up images. There is an entire field within optics called
"imaging". Light does not always travel in cylinders devoid of
internal structure. That is what you probably mean by beam.
From: John Doe on
Darwin123 <drosen0000 yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Aug 11, 4:46�pm, "Androcles" <Headmas... Hogwarts.physics_z> wrote:
>
>> 1) Why does the electromagnetic field retain its circular integrity?
>> 2) Why would a circular fluid hold its shape?
>> ========================
> ======================> Use known facts, drosen. Light travels in beams, no "if" needed.
> Aww. You mean there is no such thing a light spreading
> isotropically? What happened to spherical wave fronts? What happened
> to orbital angular momentum in light? What do you mean by "beam?"
> I don't think you know what a beam is. You have no idea what it has
> to do with fluids. You are just babbling.

As opposed to playing mind games...
--

> You don't have any facts. Beams are not always circular. Have you
> gone to a movie recently? The beams coming out of the projector are
> not entirely circular or cylindrical. The image projected by the beam
> gives a noncircular structure to the beam.
> Look up images. There is an entire field within optics called
> "imaging". Light does not always travel in cylinders devoid of
> internal structure. That is what you probably mean by beam.

See also Google Groups

From: JT on
On 11 Aug, 22:19, Darwin123 <drosen0...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 11, 6:19 am, JT <jonas.thornv...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If we have a circularshaped magneticfluid where an electromagnetic
> > field hold it's circular integrity, if we now assume that this
> > electromagnetic field made up of lot of coils also is able to make the
> > electromagnetic fluid rotate/spin within the fields created by the
> > coils and yet hold the fluids shape stay intact.
>
> > What will happen if we turn of the coils?
>
> > JT
>
>     If we have dragon, and it devours a unicorn, and the unicorn
> doesn't struggle as it is swallowed by the dragon, what when the
> dragon turns its coils?
>     What I am trying to say is that you have presented a lot of ifs.
> If you want a serious answer to this question, please answer the
> following two questions seriously.
> 1) Why does the electromagnetic field retain its circular integrity?
Well there is no problem whatsoever creating an electromagnetic field
containing a ferromagnetic fluid.
> 2) Why would a circular fluid hold its shape?
Because the fluid is ferromagnetic and there is an electromagnetic
field that do not let it escape.

JT
From: Darwin123 on
On Aug 12, 2:40 am, JT <jonas.thornv...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> > 1) Why does the electromagnetic field retain its circular integrity?
>
> Well there is no problem whatsoever creating an electromagnetic field
> containing a ferromagnetic fluid.> 2) Why would a circular fluid hold its shape?
>
> Because the fluid is ferromagnetic and there is an electromagnetic
> field that do not let it escape.
>
> JT

>If we have a circularshaped magneticfluid where an electromagnetic
>field hold it's circular integrity
You are hypothesizing that the ferromagnetic fluid is held in
a spherical shape by an electromagnetic field with circular integrity.
I haven't done any serious calculations with this. However, I
immediately see several difficulties with this. The most serious is
this.
Ferromagnetic materials are intrinsically anisotropic because
there is no magnetic monopole. The magnetic domains have a north and
south pole that points that define an axis with a particular
direction. Even if a ferromagnetic material that isotropic on a
macroscopic scale is made up of smaller domains aligned randomly.
Thus, the spherical shape of a ferromagnetic fluid is going to be
perturbed immediately on a microscopic scale. The electromagnetic
field inside the magnetic material can not retain its "circular
integrity" on a microscopic scale.
Ferromagnetic solids lose their ferromagnetic properties when
melted. Therefore, there is no ferromagnetic material that is
completely fluid. There are no true gases that are ferromagnetic and
no true liquids that are ferromagnetic. One can mix a ferromagnetic
solid with a fluid. For instance, one could suspend magnetized iron
filings in a dense liquid. Thus, there may be composite materials that
can roughly be called "ferromagnetic fluids". However, the same
problem occurs on a microscopic scale. The tiny particles of
ferromagnetic solid will perturb the circular integrity of the
electromagnetic field.
You are getting closer to the general problem with the question.
Your original hypothesis is over-constrained. The electromagnetic
field may have to lose its circular integrity in order to ensure the
magnetic field is spherical.
Perhaps I am playing mind games. However, doesn't contradict my
conjecture that the question was ill-posed. Maybe the person who
presented this ill-posed problem is himself playing a mind-game.
Scientists who ask questions, when told their questions are ill-posed,
try to change the question into something that is better posed.