From: Summing multiple fields on a form on
I created a summary report using the report wizard and grouped by date and
selected avg.

The report works fine except I would the numbers to be rounded. For example:

The average for January shows 19.5, however I would like it displayed as 20.

If February is 23.1678993, I would like it displayed as 23.

Can someone help me with this? Thx
From: Al Campagna on
Try...
= Format([YourAvg], "#")
19.5 should display as 20 (rounding up from .5 or greater)
23.1678993 should display as 23 (rounding down from .5 or less)
or... if you need numeric...
= Val( Format([YourAvg], "#"))
--
hth
Al Campagna

From: Summing multiple fields on a form on
Thx Al...One more question, forgive me Im really new to this.....
the report shows the property of the field as: =Avg([Current])

The field is numeric. How do I modify that to show rounding?

From: Summing multiple fields on a form on
HELP!!!!!
Earlier I asked a question and received an answer. However, I am unsure of
the correct syntax. Again its a summary report and I am sorting by month.
Now I would like to average the fieldname 'Current' (a numeric field). I
created a summary report and used avg as an option. The average is not
rounded. Based on the answer I received I chgd the property for the fieldname
[current]

from =Avg([current])
to =Val(Avg[Current], '#'))

I receive a syntax error....Please help me with providing the correct syntax
on averaging the field and having it displayed rounded... THX

From: Duane Hookom on
If you want to display more or less decimal places, why not just use the
format and decimal properties?

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP