From: Wayne on
I have several bound text boxes on a form: Txt1Result, Txt2Result
etc. The value of each of these is based on a formula that draws a
value from another series of textboxes: Txt1Input, Txt2Input etc.

Therefore; Txt1Result = Txt1Input*SomeFormula, Txt2Result =
Txt2Input*Someformula etc.

The values in the "Result" textboxes is then summed into a "Total"
textbox. TxtTotal = Txt1Result + Txt2Result etc.

All textboxes are formatted as "fixed" to one decimal place. The
problem I am having is this: The "TxtTotal" textbox is showing a value
that is slightly different to the sum of the "Result" texboxes because
it is summing the underlying figures in the "Result" textboxes that
are in actual fact calculated to several decimal places, instead of
summing the displayed figures in the "Result" textboxes that the user
sees which are displayed to 1 decimal place.

Is there are way to force the "Total" textbox to sum the figures in
the "Result" texboxes as they are displayed to the user i.e. to 1
decimal place?
From: Marshall Barton on
Wayne wrote:

>I have several bound text boxes on a form: Txt1Result, Txt2Result
>etc. The value of each of these is based on a formula that draws a
>value from another series of textboxes: Txt1Input, Txt2Input etc.
>
>Therefore; Txt1Result = Txt1Input*SomeFormula, Txt2Result =
>Txt2Input*Someformula etc.
>
>The values in the "Result" textboxes is then summed into a "Total"
>textbox. TxtTotal = Txt1Result + Txt2Result etc.
>
>All textboxes are formatted as "fixed" to one decimal place. The
>problem I am having is this: The "TxtTotal" textbox is showing a value
>that is slightly different to the sum of the "Result" texboxes because
>it is summing the underlying figures in the "Result" textboxes that
>are in actual fact calculated to several decimal places, instead of
>summing the displayed figures in the "Result" textboxes that the user
>sees which are displayed to 1 decimal place.
>
>Is there are way to force the "Total" textbox to sum the figures in
>the "Result" texboxes as they are displayed to the user i.e. to 1
>decimal place?

Try changing the result text boxes to use:

Txt1Result = Round(Txt1Input*SomeFormula, 1)

--
Marsh
From: Wayne on
On Jun 6, 8:01 pm, Marshall Barton <marshbar...(a)wowway.com> wrote:

> Try changing the result text boxes to use:
>
> Txt1Result = Round(Txt1Input*SomeFormula, 1)
>
> --
> Marsh

Thanks Marshall. Worked well.