From: WebEDI on
Hi - I'd like access to pass the date & time to a PHP web service.
Something like: www.website.co.uk/php_script.php?datetime=13:42:00-7-Jun-10

The web service will update a field in a MySQL database with the data
that is passed to it, in this case '13:42:00-7-Jun-10'
There will also be a script that runs on a cron every hour checking
this date, and if it hasn't been updated, then it sends a text to my
mobile phone saying the system has crashed.
Pretty cool, I'm sure you'll agree!

I know what your thinking, why not just connect access directly to the
mysql table via odbc - the reason is I have 4 seperate databases I
want to monitor, so I want to log them all in one database to keep it
neat and tidy.

I can do all the PHP stuff no problem - trouble is, how do I get
access to fire the website hit without opening a browser?? Happy to
shell out to windows if this is an option.

Must be a common question but I can't seem to find the answer
anywhere, so has anyone got any ideas??

Cheers
Graeme.
From: David W. Fenton on
WebEDI <google(a)webedi.co.uk> wrote in
m:

> how do I get
> access to fire the website hit without opening a browser??

A web browser control would do the job, as well as displaying any
results from the command. You can also examine in code the content
returned.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: rkc on
On Jun 7, 8:50 am, WebEDI <goo...(a)webedi.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi - I'd like access to pass the date & time to a PHP web service.
> Something like:www.website.co.uk/php_script.php?datetime=13:42:00-7-Jun-10

Take a look at the article at:

http://www.utteraccess.com/wiki/index.php/HttpRequest_Class

for a fairly simple solution.