From: MarcV on
This is a Mircosoft Office 2007 Excel spread sheet.

I need to figure out a formula that can round up or down to $xx.95 using the
following situation

cost: 18.23
mark up: 1.8
Retail-based on this alone would be $32.81

A1= Cost
A3= Retail
A2= Mark up

Formula used in A3 is- =A1*A2

My problem is that the owner wants all cents to be rounded up or down to .95
and costs are all different throught the cost columns.

Is there a formula that can be entered to do such a funtion?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

From: H�ctor Miguel on
hi, Marc !

try with something like: [A3] =int(a1*a2)+1-0.05

hth,
hector.

__ OP __

From: Bernd P on
Hello,

I suggest to use
=ROUND(A1*A2+0.05,0)-0.05

Please check against Hectors suggestions with values like 0.44 and
0,45 which version you really need...

Regards,
Bernd
From: HagridC on
=ROUNDUP(A1*A2,0)-0.05
--
Have a Great Day!
HagridC

From: David-Melbourne-Australia on
Hi MarcV

The formulae to go in A3 is:

= INT(A1*A2) + IF( ROUND( MOD(A1*A2 , 1) ,2) < 0.45 , -1 , 0) + 0.95

If instead you want to leave the formula you currently have in A3 and enter
the above in A4, it would read:

= INT(A3) + IF( ROUND( MOD(A3 , 1) ,2) < 0.45 , -1 , 0) + 0.95

This would give you the means to check each result, though I have tested the
above and it seemed to work fine for me.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

David