From: No Spam on
What is Royal TS?

Royal TS allows you to connect to other Windows machines using RDP*
(Remote Desktop Protocol).

Enjoy a simple and easy way to organize, connect and switch between
remote desktops. If you are a system engineer or administrator
responsible for managing multiple servers, Royal TS will make your life
much more easier.

* RDP (or Terminal Services) is included in Windows 2000 Server and
Professional, Windows Server 2003 Editions, Windows 2008 Servers as well
as in Windows XP and Windows Vista. Terminal Services must be
enabled/installed.

Organize Multiple Connections
Royal TS allows you to organize multiple remote desktop connections in
one single file.

You can put one or more connections into a folder to categorize your
connections. Sort your connections and/or folders in the navigation tree
automatically or manually using Drag & Drop to keep things organized the
way you want.

You can also bulk-edit and bulk-remove multiple items at the same time.

Get Session Information
Royal TS can retrieve the current user sessions from a remote host*. For
system engineers this feature is very useful, as it shows if there is
already someone connected, or left a session disconnected.

Further you can also send a message to an existing session or even reset
a session (which is basically a forced log out). This is handy because
for remote administration RDP allows only 2 concurrent sessions and 1
console session at the same time.

* RPC communication between Royal TS and the remote machine, as well as
appropriate credentials are required.

Protect Your Files
You can store username, domain and even the password for each
connection. When credentials are provided you can also enable
"Autologon". This way you just double-click a connection or select
"Connect" and you will be logged in automatically on the remote machine.

To provide a secure way to store your credentials you have the
possibility to apply strong encryption to your stored passwords or even
encrypt the whole file content.

Royal TS uses strong, state of the art, industry standard Rijndael 256
bit encryption.

Protected documents can only be opened when you provide the password you
used to encrypt the document.

Remote Desktops Embedded or in an External Window
You can use Royal TS to open a remote desktop session in an external
window or open a session embedded in the application window. You can
control this behavior for each connection individually.

You can even change the Window Mode while connected to a session. Using
the change menu in the navigation tree or the system menu of an external
window you can easliy move an embedded session to an external window or
back from external window to an embedded session. This is very handy on
multi-monitor setups when you quickly need to compare some settings
between two servers.

Royal TS keeps track which connection is active by showing a green
connection icon in the navigation tree.

Clicking an active connection brings up the connection in the
application window (if embedded), or brings up the external window.
http://www.code4ward.net/main/RoyalTS/Overview.aspx

From: Klaatu on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 03:49:12 GMT, No Spam posted to alt.comp.freeware:

> What is Royal TS?
[snip]
> http://www.code4ward.net/main/RoyalTS/Overview.aspx

Appears to be shareware ($30). Am I missing the freeware here?

--
Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.
From: za kAT on
On 10 Aug 2010 18:31:38 GMT, Klaatu wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 03:49:12 GMT, No Spam posted to alt.comp.freeware:
>
>> What is Royal TS?
> [snip]
>> http://www.code4ward.net/main/RoyalTS/Overview.aspx
>
> Appears to be shareware ($30). Am I missing the freeware here?

It looks like the author chose to licence it as shareware with a limitation
on use for free. This seems to be becoming popular. Anyone know why?

"SHAREWARE LICENSE
You are hereby licensed to:
use the shareware version of the software with the limitation to only
create and manage up to 10 connections in one Royal TS file document (�.rts
file�); make as many copies of the unregistered shareware version of this
software as you wish; give exact copies of the original unregistered
shareware version to anyone; and distribute the unregistered shareware
version of the software in its unmodified form via electronic means. There
is no charge for any of the above. "

> Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.

That makes me 'staff'

--
zakAT(a)pooh.the.cat - Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416.
Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for denigration!
From: YescaMesca on
no es gratis, no es libre. Too bad, decent software. Anyone know a
FOSS or FREEware prog?
From: wasbit on

"Klaatu" <klaatu(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 03:49:12 GMT, No Spam posted to alt.comp.freeware:
>
>> What is Royal TS?
> [snip]
>> http://www.code4ward.net/main/RoyalTS/Overview.aspx
>
> Appears to be shareware ($30). Am I missing the freeware here?
>
> --
> Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.
Version 1.6 onwards is shareware as noted by zaKat

At the bottom of the download page :
"Royal TS 1.5.1 and earlier versions are freeware and still available for
download."

Regards wasbit