From: andrew mcelroy on
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Walton Hoops <me(a)waltonhoops.com> wrote:
> On 8/11/2010 3:29 PM, Alex Stahl wrote:
>>
>> Sounds like an IRC channel.
>
> Or a BBS

Or a Conference... I see what you did

From: Gregory Brown on
On Aug 11, 6:21 pm, andrew mcelroy <sophri...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Walton Hoops <m...(a)waltonhoops.com> wrote:
> > On 8/11/2010 3:29 PM, Alex Stahl wrote:
>
> >> Sounds like an IRC channel.
>
> > Or a BBS
>
> Or  a Conference... I see what you did

Does right now really seem like a good idea to collect a large number
of Ruby programmers in a room for 'reprogramming?'. Not to me. We
must keep the Ruby Resistance underground.

Folks, I really wish that I was getting my huckster game on right
now. But there is no product to sell, there is no event to attend,
there is no product to buy. Only creepy messages from the future that
usually level-headed folks like myself would ignore. But I am not
ignoring them.

-greg
From: Walton Hoops on
On 8/11/2010 3:29 PM, Alex Stahl wrote:
> Sounds like an IRC channel.
Or a BBS

From: tehviking on
Whatever it is, it's not responding to my apt-get command. You should
lend your collective brainpower in the #COBOTS channel.
From: Walton Hoops on
On 8/11/2010 4:25 PM, Javier wrote:
> On Aug 11, 3:15 pm, Gregory Brown <gregory.t.br...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>>> COllaborative roBOTS ???
>>> [http://lims.mech.northwestern.edu/]
>>>
>> Sadly, I doubt that these robots are collaborative. They are COBOL
>> Robots. Pair programming was not popular in the past, so I doubt it
>> will be in the future.
>>
> #COBOTS on irc.freenode.net has mean bots that yell at you when you
> try to say anything! Not cool, COBOTS. Not cool.

Indeed. COBOPERATOR1 liked my COBOL program, but said he can't play
with me till COBOCOP says it's ok. Then he really got upset when I
threatened to kill COBOCOP.