First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103
Agile web Development with Rails section 9.3
Hello I am reading Agile Web Development with rails (third addition). And I need some help with it. I have reached chapter 9.3 when I press on the add to cart button I get an error message. a real ugly one. eventually, I downloaded the PDF version and copied the content of the files but it did not help. I... 22 May 2010 10:32
passing values from partial to controller
I am trying to pass login and group_name from partial to controller, but I dont get the values. I see the following error: RuntimeError in UsersController#addfriendtogroups Called id for nil, which would mistakenly be 4 -- if you really wanted the id of nil, use object_id I tried in the console, where I get... 22 May 2010 10:32
How to pass data from one textbox to another one?
Hi all, I'm trying to create an simple application with two text boxes. One for writing and the other to show what I'm typing in textbox number one. How can I use events to do that? My code is this one: require 'wx' include Wx class MyFrame < Wx::Frame def initialize super(nil, :id =... 22 May 2010 10:31
How to print out all of an object's instance variables?
When it is RoR, we can use ActiveRecord's attributes method to get a hash for a record's column name and values. How about if it is just an object in Ruby, and we want to print out all instance variables to debug, while the inspect() method doesn't print everything out, is there a way to print out all instance var... 22 May 2010 10:32
Read text file and set the values in the Variables
Text file: firstName=abcd lastName=xyz legalName=test vendorRepWorkPhone=121212 email=abcd(a)test.com confirmEmail=abcd(a)test.com First i read the file and get all values in the data variable. contents = File.read("c:/test/Flow1.txt") data = contents.map do |line| line.chomp.split("=")[1] ... 22 May 2010 10:31
check if a file is already required ?
hi, I made a GUI in wxruby to run ruby/watir test cases/test sets. Framework has numerous of modules and global variables, which i can't require on the start of the application. i figured out that i can just 'load' files, but there is a problem with global variables. i can load most of files, tho i still have ... 22 May 2010 10:32
How to print out all of an object's instance variables?
[Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.] require 'pp' pp object_reference On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 14:10, Jian Lin <blueskybreeze(a)gmail.com> wrote: When it is RoR, we can use ActiveRecord's attributes method to get a hash for a record's column name and values. How about if it ... 22 May 2010 10:31
Read text file and set the values in the Variables
KingMaker KingMaker wrote: Text file: firstName=abcd lastName=xyz legalName=test vendorRepWorkPhone=121212 email=abcd(a)test.com confirmEmail=abcd(a)test.com First i read the file and get all values in the data variable. contents = File.read("c:/test/Flow1.txt") data = contents.map... 22 May 2010 10:31
Asynchronous HTTP request
[Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.] On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Bill Kelly <billk(a)cts.com> wrote: Sorry if I'm being redundant, but I wanted to point out that EventMachine *can* support non-inverted control semantics, with a Fiber-based wrapper layer. And I'm pr... 22 May 2010 10:32
Rake versus Ruby?
John Barnette wrote: On May 14, 2010, at 10:44 AM, James Britt wrote: [snip]...end up with a set files whose actual purpose or behavior is not entirely clear. If I move the code into Rake tasks with a decent namespace then I can more easily see what helper code I have by running rake -T | grep my-cool-namespa... 22 May 2010 10:31