First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
RDBI needs reviewers
RDBI is a rewrite of the notable Ruby/DBI database interface library, and is largely complete at this point. It sports a few new ideas, but those of you familiar with Ruby/DBI or perl's DBI would be unsurprised at its API, which has been trimmed heavily to a minimal set of calls. I desperately would like to posit... 17 Jun 2010 05:41
Simple hack to get $600 to your home.
Simple hack to get $600 to your home at http://ukcitygirls.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ... 14 Jun 2010 12:52
Regular expressions in Ruby
I'm new to Ruby, and just want to ask about how to read the following statement from the "Agile Web Development With Rails, 3rd edition" book: %r{\.(gif|jpg|png)$}i I knew that %r is a way to write a regular expression. But, what is the $, and the i? Thanks. -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. ... 15 Jun 2010 01:06
Is there a current ruby binding to libevent?
Is anyone aware of a current binding to libevent? I've been unable to google one up. Thanks, reid ... 17 Jun 2010 18:59
NoMethodError, most likely foolish...
So I am fairly new to ruby and I'm using the language to work on a new project. The details of the project however are not relevant to this post, but some of the code is. Long story short, I have a big case statement that will execute different methods depending on input (its a command line system im building fo... 14 Jun 2010 04:05
serialport won't thread (new to ruby)
def readSerial while 1 puts "reading line from TTY\n" TTY.read_timeout=1 lineTTY = TTY.read.unpack("H*") lineTTY.each { |l| if l.sub!(/^0262([0-9A-F]{12})06/i, "") puts "Got ACK on: #{$1}\n" #This message is simply an ACK from the P... 17 Jun 2010 16:44
User input with predefined and editable/completable entry
Hello, I need to code an user entry (text mode) which appears with a default entry already settled, so the user could delete and entry a new one, complete with added text, or simply accept. Could somebody help me? Any hint would be acknowledge. Miguel Ruiz Sevilla (Spain) ... 13 Jun 2010 16:02
Hey folks! In my current project I try to load a module dynamically. Which is basically no problem due to 'require` accepting filenames as well. My problem is that I'd totally pollute my namespace. I thought of something like the following: def load_module(filename) module NamespaceGuard # Just a random na... 14 Jul 2010 13:11
Idiomatic Printing an array with commas
Hi, I want to print an array (of strings, mostly) with commas separating the elements (so it would look like the result in the irb a =[one,two,three] printspecial a # should produce "[one, two, three]" not "onetwothree" as it # currently does I tried a.map{|s| s.to_s + ", " but this giv... 18 Jun 2010 00:26
[ANN] Rack 1.2, a modular Ruby webserver interface
Hello, Today we are proud to announce the release of Rack 1.2. = Rack, a modular Ruby webserver interface Rack provides a minimal, modular and adaptable interface for developing web applications in Ruby. By wrapping HTTP requests and responses in the simplest way possible, it unifies and distills the API fo... 13 Jun 2010 14:55