From: Richard on
Hi all,

I use the below code to print Dymo labels, the purpose is to print the
number of labels in the textbox TotalParcels.The code works fine on exsting
records. When I attempt to print a new record I get Run-Time Error '94'
Invalid use of Null The code highlights on this line >> For L = 1 To
Forms!frmScan!ScanSub.Form.Parcels

When I hover the mouse over the L it = 0
Thank you
Richard
Private Sub Label5_Click()
Dim strWhere As String
Dim L As Long

If Me.Dirty Then
Me.Dirty = False
End If

If Me.NewRecord Then
MsgBox "Select a record to print"
Else
strWhere = "[ScanID] = " & Me.[ScanID]
End If

For L = 1 To Forms!frmScan!ScanSub.Form.Parcels
DoCmd.OpenReport "rptScanlogDymo", acViewNormal, , strWhere
Next L

DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
Department.SetFocus

End Sub

From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:04:01 -0800, Richard
<Richard(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I use the below code to print Dymo labels, the purpose is to print the
>number of labels in the textbox TotalParcels.The code works fine on exsting
>records. When I attempt to print a new record I get Run-Time Error '94'
>Invalid use of Null The code highlights on this line >> For L = 1 To
>Forms!frmScan!ScanSub.Form.Parcels

You'll need to save the current record to disk:

If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False

will do it, before you'll be able to loop through the records.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Richard on
"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> You'll need to save the current record to disk:
>
> If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False
>
> will do it, before you'll be able to loop through the records.
> --
>
> John W. Vinson [MVP]

Thanks John for the reply. I am still unsure on the direction I need to go.
I thought the me.dirty=false line saved the record? And if there is a value
in the Parcels textbox I shouldn't get an error.

Richard
From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:04:01 -0800, Richard
<Richard(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I use the below code to print Dymo labels, the purpose is to print the
>number of labels in the textbox TotalParcels.The code works fine on exsting
>records. When I attempt to print a new record I get Run-Time Error '94'
>Invalid use of Null The code highlights on this line >> For L = 1 To
>Forms!frmScan!ScanSub.Form.Parcels
>
>When I hover the mouse over the L it = 0
>Thank you
>Richard
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Private Sub Label5_Click()
>Dim strWhere As String
>Dim L As Long
>
> If Me.Dirty Then
> Me.Dirty = False
> End If
>

> If Me.NewRecord Then
> MsgBox "Select a record to print"
> Else
> strWhere = "[ScanID] = " & Me.[ScanID]
> End If
>

> For L = 1 To Forms!frmScan!ScanSub.Form.Parcels
> DoCmd.OpenReport "rptScanlogDymo", acViewNormal, , strWhere
> Next L
>

> DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
> Department.SetFocus
>
>End Sub

Hrm. Apologies for the hasty answer previously!

What's in Forms!frmScan!ScanSub.Form.Parcels? Is the subform open and
populated? You'll get this error if that control is NULL or does not exist.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Richard on
> Hrm. Apologies for the hasty answer previously!
>
> What's in Forms!frmScan!ScanSub.Form.Parcels? Is the subform open and
> populated? You'll get this error if that control is NULL or does not exist.
> --
>
> John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

Yes the subform is open and parcels is populated with a number

Richard

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: ESTOU SEM TELEFONE