From: LondonLad on
Hi
If I copy a VB Exe from my Desktop with OS XP Pro it fails to run on my
laptop with OS Win 7.
Can I get this to work?

Thanks
From: Paul Clement on
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:25:01 -0800, LondonLad <LondonLad(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

� Hi
� If I copy a VB Exe from my Desktop with OS XP Pro it fails to run on my
� laptop with OS Win 7.
� Can I get this to work?

� Thanks

What is the error? Have you installed all dependent components?

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
From: Karl E. Peterson on
LondonLad wrote:
> If I copy a VB Exe from my Desktop with OS XP Pro it fails to run on my
> laptop with OS Win 7.
> Can I get this to work?

Given your problem description abilities, my guess would be no.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: MikeD on

"LondonLad" <LondonLad(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:677EC6DA-4648-47B0-AEB6-522CFC04EA32(a)microsoft.com...
> Hi
> If I copy a VB Exe from my Desktop with OS XP Pro it fails to run on my
> laptop with OS Win 7.
> Can I get this to work?

No reason you shouldn't be able to. Want a better answer? Provide some details. We're not mindreaders.

--
Mike

From: GS on
LondonLad laid this down on his screen :
> Hi
> If I copy a VB Exe from my Desktop with OS XP Pro it fails to run on my
> laptop with OS Win 7.
> Can I get this to work?
>
> Thanks

This might shed some light: