From: Brian on
Is there a way to include an exe in a compiled VB app and then run
or execute this exe in memory, instead of writing it to disk first
and then shelling it to run?

From: marks542004 on

Brian wrote:
> Is there a way to include an exe in a compiled VB app and then run
> or execute this exe in memory, instead of writing it to disk first
> and then shelling it to run?

there is a method that involves having another entry point (sort of) to
the application. Essentially you execute a subroutine in your main
program and specify it from either a command line switch or have the
program check a particular registry value.

What is it that you are trying to do ?

You could possibly embed the program within another program and write
it to memory and transfer control to it but you would probably trigger
any virus protections on the system.

From: Brian on
marks542004(a)yahoo.com wrote:

>> Is there a way to include an exe in a compiled VB app and then run
>> or execute this exe in memory, instead of writing it to disk first
>> and then shelling it to run?
>
> there is a method that involves having another entry point (sort of)
> to the application. Essentially you execute a subroutine in your main
> program and specify it from either a command line switch or have the
> program check a particular registry value.
>
> What is it that you are trying to do ?
>
> You could possibly embed the program within another program and write
> it to memory and transfer control to it but you would probably trigger
> any virus protections on the system.

I need to run a third-party app from my own app, but without saving that
app to disk first, and it must be a single file. So I've got the third
party app embedded into mine, ready for executing in memory somehow...

Pages: 1
Prev: VB 6.0 and .net
Next: Error C1083