From: MZ on
Subject: Run numerous calculations through a single formula

I have a complex tax formula that numerous other calculations use to arrive
at a final calculation. That is, these other calculations are not complete
after running through the complex formula.

What formula would allow for this type of process?

Here is a simplified flow of the calculations.

Calculation 1 > complex formula > calculation 2
Calculation 25 > complex formula > calculation 26
etc.
--
MZ
From: Bernard Liengme on
Suppose I have number X and Y and find the value of the square root of
(X-12)²/(1-Y)
I could write this in one cell but let's break it up:
Let X be in A1 and Y in B1
First calculation: the term (X-12): in A2 enter =(A1-12)
Second calculation: the term (X-12)²: in A3 enter =A2^2
Third calculation: the term (1-Y): in A4 enter =(1-B1)
Fourth calculation: one divided by the other: in A5 enter =A4/A3
Fifth calculation: find square root: in A6 enter =SQRT(A5)

Hope this helps, if not please give us a simple example of what is needed
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MZ" <MZ(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Subject: Run numerous calculations through a single formula
>
> I have a complex tax formula that numerous other calculations use to
> arrive
> at a final calculation. That is, these other calculations are not complete
> after running through the complex formula.
>
> What formula would allow for this type of process?
>
> Here is a simplified flow of the calculations.
>
> Calculation 1 > complex formula > calculation 2
> Calculation 25 > complex formula > calculation 26
> etc.
> --
> MZ

Pages: 1