From: gwinder on
When I protect a sheet I get the following message when trying to enter text
into a cell:

Unable to set the MergeCells property of the Range Class

I do have code that that allows automatic wrap of text in merged cells.

Is there something I need to modify in the code?

Thanks

Gary
From: JLatham HelpFrom on
The fact that it is a Run-Time error and the rest of the message leads me to
think that there is some code attached to that worksheet or elsewhere that is
trying to put text into the cells. The code probably also tries to set the
text wrap properties. The cell is locked, so when you protect the sheet, the
code is unable to modify the content/format of the cell(s).

Next time it comes up, or you force the error, there should be 2 buttons on
the error message dialog: [End] [Debug]. Try hitting debug and see where you
are - the offending line in the VBA code will be highlighted. Now, what you
do after that, is entirely dependent on what you're trying to do in general.

From: gwinder on
Thanks. OK...the offending line in my code is:

ma.MergeCells = False

My code is to allow the text to wrap in merged cells

Gary

From: JLatham HelpFrom on
If the cells are already merged and formatted, you can simply delete the
offending line(s) [there may be more to encounter later].

Or you can put
On Error Resume Next
in front of all of the formatting code and then put
On Error Goto 0
after it is all done. Only problem with that is that if another, more
consequential error takes place in there, then you won't know about it.