From: M P on
I am opening a Crystal Report file that will be dependent on the value that
will be pass from VB6. Here is the exact error:

'Error in File <C:\Path of Crystal Report File>: Unable to connect:
incorrect session parameters.'

I have tried using a database without database password and this error does
not appear only on the time that I assign database password to MS Access
Database(not with workgroup). I already set the password to Crystal and
created a connection string to VB with password. See below:

Private Sub cmdView_Click()
Dim strQry As String
Dim strmyParameter As String

gstrConnectionString = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver
(*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\Access\DB.mdb;Uid=Admin;Pwd=mypassword;"
Set gconMyConnectionServer = New ADODB.Connection

gconMyConnectionServer.Open gstrConnectionString

strmyParameter = Trim(UCase(txtParameter.Text))

strQry = "SELECT * FROM tbl WHERE Item='" & strmyParameter & "'"

Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset

rs.Open strQry, gconMyConnectionServer, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly

With rptReport
.Connect = gstrConnectionString
.ReportFileName = App.Path & "\Reports\rptCR.rpt"
.WindowTitle = "My Report"
.WindowState = crptMaximized
.ParameterFields(0) = "@myParameter;" & strmyParameter & ";TRUE"
.Destination = crptToWindow
.Action = 1
End With

End If

rs.Close

End Sub

I try to run Step Into and found that the error triggers when it goes to the
..Action=1 . I am new to VB and Crystal hope that you can give me a solution
on how to solve this problem.

regards,

Me
From: PJ on
I don't see where you are setting the data source to the recordset.

From: M P on
I don't understand what you mean. The Data Source was saved on a string
gstrConnectionString.

The parameter is based on the value on a textbox txtParameter.

Hoping for your reply.

From: PJ on
You are creating a recordset in your code. Usually, if a recordset is
created it is used as input to the report.

You don't indicate the version of CR or VB. It is possible that .action is
not available. In CR9, with VB6, it is not available.

From: M P on
Im using VB 6 and CR 8.0 Developmer Edition. Hope you could help me.