From: Docster on

Steve,
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it after your suggestion but no dice. It
didn't correct it either.
James

"Steve Cochran" <scochran(a)oehelp.com> wrote in message
Error 5 indicates a permissions issue, so you might consider whether the
output directory has the correct permissions to write to. Also you can
reset the program by deleting this key in the Registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OEBackup

that might fix the problem.

steve

From: Steve Cochran on
Try changing the backup directory to something else.

At what point in the program do you get the error message? Is there
anything in the output directory, or is it empty after running the program
and getting the error?

From: Docster on
When I run the program it acts like it is making copies and backing up then
I get this run time error 5.
When I open the backup folder I have registry backups but not files
which I can import etc.
I tried to attach jpegs of the the images but the send was rejected as being
to large.

From: Andrew McLaren on
On 23/01/2010 23:52, Steve Cochran wrote:
> Error 5 indicates a permissions issue, so you might consider whether the
> output directory has the correct permissions to write to. Also you can

An "error 5" does indicate Access Denied, *if* it comes from a Windows
component; as shown in WinError.h

#define ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED 5L

But in this case, the "Runtime error 5: Invalid procedure call or
argument" clearly matches the Visual Basic Runtime's "error 5", which
means that there was, well, an invalid procedure call or argument :-)

So the error here means that the VB runtime which drives this OE backup
application is unable to call one of the application's methods, rather
than anything to do with permissions.

As per my separate reply to the OP, I'd recommend making sure the VB
bits are in good order.

Sorry to be pedantic :-) but just had to throw this in.

Cheers

Andrew

--
amclar at optusnet dot com dot au
From: Steve Cochran on
You can email them to me and maybe we can figure out the issue.