From: jean on
Hi

It took me close to one year to build a database. This database
contains 46 tables, 237 queries, 105 forms and 180 reports.

My question

Is it possible to make something with it so people who don't have
Microsoft Access can use it exactly the same than if they had Ms
Access.

If the answer is yes, what are the steps to do it ?

thanks
From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi Jean,

On 19.04.2010 17:01, jean wrote:
> It took me close to one year to build a database. This database
> contains 46 tables, 237 queries, 105 forms and 180 reports.
Quite a piece of work.

> Is it possible to make something with it so people who don't have
> Microsoft Access can use it exactly the same than if they had Ms
> Access.
Exactly the same? No.

> If the answer is yes, what are the steps to do it ?
But almost: The Access Runtime.

Link in one line:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d9ae78d9-9dc6-4b38-9fa6-2c745a175aed&displaylang=en

mfG
--> stefan <--
From: jean on
On Apr 19, 11:11 am, Stefan Hoffmann <ste...(a)ste5an.de> wrote:
> hi Jean,
>
> On 19.04.2010 17:01, jean wrote:> It took me close to one year to build a database.  This database
> > contains 46 tables, 237 queries, 105 forms and 180 reports.
>
> Quite a piece of work.
>
> > Is it possible to make something with it so people who don't have
> > Microsoft Access can use it exactly the same than if they had Ms
> > Access.
>
> Exactly the same? No.
>
> > If the answer is yes, what are the steps to do it ?
>
> But almost: The Access Runtime.
>
> Link in one line:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d9ae78d9-9dc....
>
> mfG
> --> stefan <--

Will that work if i develop the database with ms access 2003 ?

and if i use a dll (mousehook.dll) what will happened with that ?

thanks for helping me
From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi Jean,

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA011208861033.aspx

> and if i use a dll (mousehook.dll) what will happened with that ?
Depedends on the the library, but most libraries will work. If it's the
mousehook.dll I know then yes.

Basically you have to create a mde from your mdb. And test the complete
functionality.
The biggest problem: any unhandled VBA error will result in a shutdown
of the application. So you need error handling in all your methods or
use something like SimplyVBA Global Error Handler:

http://www.everythingaccess.com/simplyvba-global-error-handler.htm

mfG
--> stefan <--
From: jean on
On Apr 19, 11:46 am, Stefan Hoffmann <ste...(a)ste5an.de> wrote:
> hi Jean,
>
> On 19.04.2010 17:27, jean wrote:
>
> > Will that work if i develop the database with ms access 2003 ?
>
>    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA011208861033.aspx
>
> > and if i use a dll (mousehook.dll)  what will happened with that ?
>
> Depedends on the the library, but most libraries will work. If it's the
> mousehook.dll I know then yes.
>
> Basically you have to create a mde from your mdb. And test the complete
> functionality.
> The biggest problem: any unhandled VBA error will result in a shutdown
> of the application. So you need error handling in all your methods or
> use something like SimplyVBA Global Error Handler:
>
>    http://www.everythingaccess.com/simplyvba-global-error-handler.htm
>
> mfG
> --> stefan <--

Hi

1 - I have convert the MDB file format 2000 to format 2002-2003 (don't
know why it was format 2000 as I have created it with Ms Office
2003 !!!! anyway ...)

2 - I convert the MDB file format to MDE format
I also have checked a lot of functionnality and looks OK (as it is too
long to test everything I consider this as a practice) Mostly I want
to learn steps to be able to use this program without having Ms Access
installed.

3 - I have try to run the "AccessDeveloperExtensions" application, but
it failed because I don't have the 2007 version of MS Access on my
computer

So what should I do next ?

thanks