From: sphelps on
I used to be able to run an access query against a linked excel spreadsheet
and update information in the spreadsheet.

The spreadsheet is now password protected, and although I can run the query
against it OK, I can no longer update data in it.

Does anyone have any solution to this.

Regards
Steve

From: Jerry Whittle on
What version of Access and how long ago were you able to do this? The reason
that I ask is that Microsoft lost a patent lawsuit a few years ago on
updating linked Excel worksheets from Access. I believe that they blocked
this ability from Access 2002 and newer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904953
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: sphelps via AccessMonster.com on
Access 2003.

I can still update Excel spreadsheets from an access query if they are not
password protected.

Regards
Steve