From: Barry Margolin on
In article
<5a196882-f2d7-4d54-a35d-91e63a05d9db(a)a34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
invincible <imanuk2007(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

> We have tried putting a .profile with the PATH for the root user as
> the autosys runs scripts as root.

..profile is only run in interactive login shells. The shell that
autosys runs is not a login shell, so .profile is ignored.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar(a)alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA
From: Dominic Fandrey on
On 10/05/2010 13:37, invincible wrote:
> We have a script which when run manually does perform the job quite
> well, but when scheduled thorugh Automatic scheduler (CA - autosys),
> fails. The failure is becuase of its unability to find some AIX
> commands like lspv, lscfg etc.
>
> I suspect its becuase autosys is not able to get the environment
> variables. These scripts are run as root by autosys, so there should
> not be any user related issues.
>
> Any ideas ?

The general wisdom is to use absolute path names for scripts started
with the init environment.

This has the added benefit of easily discerning shell-builtins and
functions.

Regards

--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.