From: invincible on
Hi All,

We have a script which when run manually does perform the job quite
well, but when scheduled thorugh Automatic scheduler (CA - autosys),
fails. The failure is becuase of its unability to find some AIX
commands like lspv, lscfg etc.

I suspect its becuase autosys is not able to get the environment
variables. These scripts are run as root by autosys, so there should
not be any user related issues.

Any ideas ?

Ciao
From: Bit Twister on
On Mon, 10 May 2010 04:37:36 -0700 (PDT), invincible wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have a script which when run manually does perform the job quite
> well, but when scheduled thorugh Automatic scheduler (CA - autosys),
> fails. The failure is becuase of its unability to find some AIX
> commands like lspv, lscfg etc.
>
> I suspect its becuase autosys is not able to get the environment
> variables. These scripts are run as root by autosys, so there should
> not be any user related issues.
>
> Any ideas ?

Autosys's PATH not same as interactive PATH.

do a
echo $PATH
interactive and in a script and compare values.

As for other environment variables, do a
var | sort
and compare results.

From: invincible on
We have tried putting a .profile with the PATH for the root user as
the autosys runs scripts as root.

From: invincible on
On 10 May, 12:49, invincible <imanuk2...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> We have tried putting a .profile with the PATH for the root user as
> the autosys runs scripts as root.

Also, I have su'ed to the autosys user and have been manually able to
run all the commands.
From: Bit Twister on
On Mon, 10 May 2010 04:51:46 -0700 (PDT), invincible wrote:
> On 10 May, 12:49, invincible <imanuk2...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
>> We have tried putting a .profile with the PATH for the root user as
>> the autosys runs scripts as root.
>
> Also, I have su'ed to the autosys user and have been manually able to
> run all the commands.

Trust me, put an env statement in a script and compare
against an interactive env.

Going to bet on $PATH not the same.