From: Chris Tacke, MVP on
The Emulator has an automation interface, so I created a library that can be
called directly from a msbuild targets file. When I do a nightly build it
kills any running emulator and launches a new one.

-Chris

From: aryaabraham on
Thank you. That will definitely help.

Sincerely
Arya

From: Simon Hart [MVP] on
Code coverage doesn't work for device test configs anyway. Just incase you
didn't know why it doesn't work.
--
Simon Hart
Visual Developer - Device Application Development MVP

"aryaabraham" wrote:

> Thank you.
>
> If I want to run code coverage I shall take your suggestion to stub out any
> OS/hardware specific calls and then run the tests against the desktop version
> of the .net framework.
>
> Arya
>
> "drozd" wrote:
>
> > On Feb 17, 12:41 am, aryaabraham
> > <aryaabra...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Is there any way to run .net CF application unit tests on a PC or a VS Team
> > > System Server without an emulator? I would like to leverage the code coverage
> > > capabilities of recent versions of VS Team Systems.
> > >
> > > Does anybody have any experience running automated regression tests on a CF
> > > application?
> > >
> > > Sincerely
> > > Arya
> >
> > I'm assuming you mean MSTest tests. You can configure a test runner
> > configuration that will run the tests on the local computer using
> > full .NET Framework. The advantages are that you don't need a device
> > or emulator and the tests run really fast. The downside is that if
> > some of your tests exercise some device specific libraries (or P/
> > Invokes) then they will fail (however, in most cases you should
> > probably stub out these dependencies anyway).
> >
> > It is also possible to check test coverage when doing this test run.
> >
> > I haven't tried it yet, but I think it should be pretty
> > straightforward to include such a run of the tests using MSBuild in
> > your TFS build script.
> >
> > .

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2