From: wes on
hi,

im trying to import a text file into SAS that contains russian
characters. When i view the file in SAS after its been imported all
the russian characters are showing as ?????????

Is there a way around this? Or does SAS not support Russian
Characters?

My version of SAS is SAS 9.1.3 (Windows)

Many Thanks

Wes
From: RolandRB on
On Jun 7, 4:43 pm, wes <w.greenh...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> im trying to import a text file into SAS that contains russian
> characters. When i view the file in SAS after its been imported all
> the russian characters are showing as ?????????
>
> Is there a way around this? Or does SAS not support Russian
> Characters?
>
> My version of SAS is SAS 9.1.3  (Windows)
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Wes

I think you need a UTF-8 version of SAS to handle these characters.