From: David on
** SAAB 91 - FIRST CAR WITH A LINUX OPERATING SYSTEM **

I am currently in a project in Facebook, which is trying to create the
first car of the automotive industry with a linux operating system
running inside, and able to provide real time internet to the
passengers. The car take the available local free wifi networks to
provide internet to the passengers, and also can use mobile internet
from different internet providers using mobile technologies as (3G, etc.)

We are making our own Linux version, adapted to work in the car, based
in the kernel of Ubuntu Linux.

For those curious, I can give you some clues of our project in Facebook.

We are a group of SAAB enthusiasts, that are developing the first car
thru the internet, the SAAB 91 (a car based exclusively in Linux). The
idea was following the spirit of the Linux community to create the first
car of the world based in the International Collaboration.

Basically the car will have in the trunk a box containing 1 or 2
laptop's motherboards, with their hard disks and the Linux operating
system installed, controlling several things from the car (systems,
providing Internet, etc.)

ONE OF OUR MOST AMBITIOUS PROJECTS: We are working also in an autopilot
with a technology from Intel called OpenCV (a camera inside the car
recognize hazards pedestrians, objects, even the road lanes and allow
the car to drive alone, under certain conditions).

** For this project we need the help of the Linux Community **

IF YOU FIND OUR PROJECT INTERESTING, PLEASE, JOIN US.

=======

We need:

=======

OPENCV PROGRAMMERS - We are working in traffic signs recognition, road
lanes recognition, pedestrian recognition
C, C++ PROGRAMMERS - To develop the computer programs that will run in
the car

P L E A S E J O I N U S

YOU CAN FIND OUR GROUP IN FACEBOOK, FOLLOWING THIS LINK:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=275857728107&ref=ts

VIDEOS EXPLAINING OUR WORK
--------------------------
For those that need more information about us, we invite you to watch
the following videos:

Here you have some of our videos:

First video saying thanks to our 200 members (in that time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfKSo4yyoOs

Videos of OpenCV road lane recognition in Linux

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI7SKF7LgpY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzN14VDLVPw

Last video saying thanks to our 700 members in the group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP4rbJWgVYk