From: montura on
That is pretty easy with SAS/AF and SCL.

I use a skeleton that remains essentially the same structure-wise for
basic/everyday programs and for more advanced multi-thread/multi-
application integrations.

The classnotes will be posted, chapter by chapter, on KeyStoneSUG.com
starting this week. Keep in mind that there are about 40ish rules to
follow when it comes to advanced Object programming so it will be
awhile before a decent collection is available.

From: Webb Sprague on
See below

On Mon, O
> Q: what is your desired output format?
>
> A: Post-Script?
>
> surely you jest!?

Umm, I want something I can directly import into In Design. And I
don't want to mess around with Latex

> anyway: check out The New&Improved Output Delivery System: ODS
> which can provide quite a lot of micro-management
> such as
> "border needs to be switched from 1 point to .5 point"
>
> you are going to have to learn
> * SAS: number-crunching
> * ODS destinations: html, rtf, tex, xls
> * ODS mark-up: style sheets, templates, etc.

Ok -- that isn't going to be a problem. Back to my original question
-- is there a link or a recipe or example somewhere? Surely I am not
the first to think of this.

> pdfLaTeX My-SAS-ODS-output.tex
>
> output is My-SAS-ODS-output.pdf
>
> http://www.latex-project.org/

Like I say, I don't want to have an intermediate latex format, mostly
because it is just one more weird hassle in a Windows environment. I
want to be able to hand off a script (or whatever you call it) in SAS
plus a little training and Voila!
Tx
From: montura on
Missed the part about "latex and postscript". The SAS part is easy -
you should consult and consult and consult again with the Oracle of
Guinness Brew before attempting that maneuver.
From: Webb Sprague on
n Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Mike Bohlig <bohlig(a)ccsse.org> wrote:
> Regardless of the output format you use, my guess, given your description of the processing you want to do, is that you will need to implement some extensive macro coding to automate your data processing so that someone who has "a little training" can effectively use your program to generate the output.

Yes, that is true. Do you know of an extended example or the like?