First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164
negative numbers
I am working with a public database, and want to convert repsonses that are coded as (-) (ex: -9 = did not respond) to "no" or "missing" data, so can run then that way. Help! Jen ... 3 Dec 2009 18:14
The result varies from SAS V8 to SAS V9 Why ?
Hello all, What would the value of resulting expression when the cond = 'ND' for that matter something which is not in the conditions list Result =0*(cond='0') + 1*(cond in ('I', 'II')) + 2*(cond in ('III', 'IV')) + 8*(cond in ('NK')) ; it seems to giving right result in sas Ver 8 but in 9 we are getting 0... 3 Dec 2009 14:50
SAS/AF: Adjust Row Height in Table Viewer
This can only be done with the labels row. Add this to the SAS dataset Model class. All other rows can only be adjusted by changing the font. The height and width of SAS Frame changes due to the aspect ratio of the Unix X- window emulator. You will be better off getting the unix or windows Admin to fix that conf... 23 Dec 2009 13:44
"ODBC engine cannot be found"
Basic troubleshooting to follow: 1. Reboot the PC in question. 2. If still doesn't work, check code. Create code on the PC that works and then copy/paste to the other PC. 3. Ensure that the second PC is connected to the ODBC database. 4. If all else fails, reinstall SAS on the second PC. Good luck. ... 8 Dec 2009 08:36
Latent Class Analysis via NLMIXED - UPDATE
Hi Dale and others, Thanks so much for the feedback yesterday. I was hoping Dale and/or others would consider taking a look at the code I constructed based on Dale's example. I'm certain there are errors in my code as I did not grasp fully the explanations of the code. Hopefully, I'm not completely off the mark.... 4 Dec 2009 20:43
Test exercises for someone learning SAS
Dear all, I am currently trying to learn SAS and have been studying for a few hours each day for the last 2 to 3 months. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend some sources (preferably free web pages) with exercises that might help me get some good practice. Thanks very much in advance for any suggesti... 2 Dec 2009 13:14
Test exercises for someone learning SAS
hello Js, I do not know any place online which has exercises but I do know about a book written by Ron cody , SAS workbook and SAS by examples has plenty of problems to work on and that should be great exercise to start with. If you come across let me know. Earlier when I was looking I found couple of them on ... 7 Dec 2009 07:23
How to check if a file exists on webdav?
Hi all, I have the following sas challenge (9.1.3). Hopefully someone dealt with this problem before. I want to check if an excel file exists on webdav before I get the file over to the workspace. I have tried the filename (sasxbamw) then use fexist. But somehow the return code is always 1 (even it does not exis... 2 Dec 2009 16:40
Common Programming Mistake with Proc Sort NODUPRECS
Every SAS programmer would know that Proc Sort NODUPRECS would remove exact duplicatesÂ…but often forgets / misuses it and alas gets into trouble. It is very important that the programmer should properly code the variables in the BY statement. For the procedure to actually remove the duplicates, the duplicate rec... 2 Dec 2009 12:06
Proc GLMSELECT
Hi all, I was wondering how Proc GLMSELECT is implemented in SAS. The reason being is that I had a dataset with around 400,000 rows. I needed to select significant columns out of total of around 1200 columns by stepwise selection. There are two class variables, say A and B. The two terms are included in the mod... 4 Dec 2009 19:37