From: Bernie Hunt on
I have a SBS 03 that I set up years ago. One user can pick up his mail with
Pop3, the others are restricted. They received an error from the pop3
connect. I can't remember how I would have restricted them and I need
another user to have the ability to pick up their mail via pop3.

Any idea how I would have restricted access to pop3?

Bernie

From: Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] on
Can you be more specific with the error?

-Larry

-Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit.
-Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com

From: Brian Cryer on
"Bernie Hunt" <bernie(a)huntfamily.com> wrote in message
>I have a SBS 03 that I set up years ago. One user can pick up his mail with
>Pop3, the others are restricted. They received an error from the pop3
>connect. I can't remember how I would have restricted them and I need
>another user to have the ability to pick up their mail via pop3.
>
> Any idea how I would have restricted access to pop3?

I think its part of their user profile.

Active Directory Users and Computers > navigate down to the user account and
open up its properties and its on the "Exchange Features" tab whether or not
the user can use POP3.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

From: Bernie Hunt on
User|Property Exchange Features tab has POP3 enabled.

I'm beginning to think this is not a restriction I would have set and maybe
it's a problem.

One user can login through pop3 and all the others cannot. Is there a pop3
protocol log? I found a pop3 connector log, but that's not what we are using
here.

Bernie