From: Uth on

So far I have been quite satisfied with out SBS 2008 SP2, but lately I
have been through loads of trouble with our sharepoint site since the
KB983444 update of microsoft. In the end I ended up uninstalling SP 3.0
and reinstalled a newer version SharePoint 3.0 SP2. Now, windows update
wants to install the KBb983444 again, but I have not done so, so far.

Everything works fine. But as SP automatically installs the
sharepoint-80 in a wrong directory I removed it from the ISS site,
created it again, renamed it to SBS SharePoint and set the physical path
to: C:\Program Files\Windows Small Business
Server\Bin\webapp\InternalWebsite.

Internally everything works fine so far. Everybocy can see and use the
companyweb feautures. Just not from the outside (remote.domain.eu). In
the SBS 2008 Console it shows Companyweb allright, but I cannot do
anything in the console and under "status" there is a questionmark that
says "unknown". I have spent an unreasonable amount of time on this
issue and have an idea that it might be an IIS issue, but I cannot find
out what..so if anybody could be of assistance that would be highly
appreciated...

--
Uth
Uth's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/239665.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Uth on

Thank you so much for that reply. Seems like I am getting closer to the
slolution :o)

The application pool is named "sharepoint - 80" - I guess that is the
name the standard Sharepoint installation gives per default. How do I
rename the application pool?

From: Uth on

just to kill some boredom, I did create a new application pool with the
right name (SBS Sharepoint AppPool) and copied all detals from the
sharepoint - 80 app. pool. Then changed the application pool in all
sharepoint - 80 related applications.

SBS console now shows site as online, but when trying to see the
properties SBS says "An error occurred when accessing the property page
for this web site. Check the server logs for more information..."

I guess I did not do a good job with the application pools and still
have an ISS issue..???

I have installed the sbs 2008 roll up 4 and also now succesfully
installed the KB983444 " so basically I should be "updated"...

From: Uth on

I tried to run the Internet Adress Manager, but it stops with a failure
- as I can see it is when it tries to contact the router...how can I
prevent that from happening? Or is there a way where I can make the
configuration myself - that is the configuration that the wizard was
goinhg to make?

I still haven�t the companyweb running and it is getting quite annoying
:-(

From: Uth on

Hi and again thank you very much for your answer.

I spent the week-end with the server and redid almost everything with
the same results. For some reason I got the idea to run the sharepoint
configuration a second time...and Voila! Everything is working now ! I
have no very good explanation why, but at least all my troubles are gone
for this time. I very much appreciate the help in this forum. Thanks
again !