From: Richard K on
SBS2008
Server2008R2 (Member of SBS2008 domain)

I am configuring an SBS2008 environment. In this office there about 10
clients who log into the SBS. They are also about 15 other clients who are
just remote users accessing a LOB application so we have set up 2008R2
server and plan on running it as a Terminal Server (Remote Desktop). I have
the SBS2008 running fine and the 2008R2 server installed and joined to the
SBS2008 domain but I have not added the Remote Desktop Role to the 2008R2.
I started the Add roles process to add the Remote Desktop Services. When I
hit the screen for the 6 options for Remote Desktop (Session Host,
Virtualization Host, Licensing, Connection Broker, Gateway and Web Access) I
stopped right there. I'm not comfortable enough with configuring this yet.

I just want to have it so these 15 remote clients can access the LOB app
(heavy client software). Where can I find more information on how to
configure this on the 2008R2 and what components I will need? I have
googled information and found steps to the wizard but nothing to really
explain each of these 6 components as well as how to prep the LOB app for
their remote desktops.

Thanks!

-Richard K

From: Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] on
Hi:

Please note that this venue is due to be closed in a few days/weeks and you
will get much more attention in the new SBS Forum hosted by MS at the following
location.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/smallbusinessserver/threads

You can either use your web browser, or if you prefer to use your existing
(or different) nntp news reader you can use one of the official MS bridge
applications, or the combined one on codeplex.com

Official MS Bridge - Note two required.
http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/

Codeplex nntp bridge - only one required.
http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

-Larry
-Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit.
-Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com

From: Richard K on
Thanks Larry, I've been looking at switching over to the new forums. Not
too much of a fan of the web interface so I'm looking into nntp news
readers. Any suggestions?