From: RealDeal1 on
Please help me understand SCR and the minimum delay of 50 transaction logs.
We are going to implement SCR with an SCR target at a disaster recovery
site. My concern is with the 50 transaction log delay. Does this mean if the
SCR source has a failure because of hardware, that when we make the SCR
target active, we will have lost 50 transaction logs worth of E-mail? Or is
there a way to replay the last 50 transaction logs on the SCR target at the
time of a disaster?

Thank you.

From: Mark Arnold [MVP] on
On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:13:06 -0800, <RealDeal1(a)nospam.nospam> wrote:

>Please help me understand SCR and the minimum delay of 50 transaction logs.
>We are going to implement SCR with an SCR target at a disaster recovery
>site. My concern is with the 50 transaction log delay. Does this mean if the
>SCR source has a failure because of hardware, that when we make the SCR
>target active, we will have lost 50 transaction logs worth of E-mail? Or is
>there a way to replay the last 50 transaction logs on the SCR target at the
>time of a disaster?
>
>Thank you.

You've completely misinterpreted what was written.
The logs are (baring a network problem) on the SCR target. They are
just not actually played into the store until the activation or the
delay length expires.
You can configure that delay down to zero if you want.