From: Fatleader on
Nothing too important, but just one question:

Will keeping my 1 gig SD card constantly sitting in the slot drain the
battery of my 50g? I'v noticed the slower warm-start times, but I
don't really know how it might affect my calculator in the long run.

Fatleader
From: TW on
> Will keeping my 1 gig SD card constantly sitting in the slot drain the
> battery of my 50g? I'v noticed the slower warm-start times, but I
> don't really know how it might affect my calculator in the long run.

Won't drain the battery unless you are storing and recalling from it
constantly.

If you are seeing slower start times, make sure it is formatted as FAT
and not FAT32.

TW
From: MACH on
On 23 mayo, 01:13, Fatleader <cuchill...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Nothing too important, but just one question:
>
> Will keeping my 1 gig SD card constantly sitting in the slot drain the
> battery of my 50g? I'v noticed the slower warm-start times, but I
> don't really know how it might affect my calculator in the long run.
>
> Fatleader

Hi, Fatleader:
Ever if use SD or any other port (0,1 or 2), the batteries flushing.
IMHO, you must optimize the time turn on.
With the next example, you can realize it ...
1: << #2000h 60 * 'TOFF' STO >>
Store it in HOME directory (VAR), with ...
'STARTUP' and STO
Now, press ON+F3.
Now, you have the HP50G in on state only 60" without work.

Best Regards.
MACH.