From: rockdale on
In an SDI application (NOT MDI), is it possible to HIDE/SHOW the child
frame, or max/min the child frame?
Thanks in advance
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:24:46 -0800 (PST), rockdale <rockdale.green(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>In an SDI application (NOT MDI), is it possible to HIDE/SHOW the child
>frame, or max/min the child frame?
>Thanks in advance

No. It doesn't even make sense to consider this. It *is* possible to change the view
(there's even an MSDN article on how to have multiple mutually-exclusive views in SDI) but
simply hiding the frame makes no sense. What do you plan to show if you simply hide it?

You need to state the purpose of this question before it is possible to give a meaningful
answer, but the simple answer is "it makes no sense to hide the child frame".
joe
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Tom Serface on
I'm with Joe on this one. Maybe you could point out more of why you'd want
to do this sort of thing with and SDI. You don't get any kind of multiple
window effect so it wouldn't really make sense to hide the one they can
see.

Tom