From: olk on
Am 30.04.2010 01:21, schrieb m:
> Okay - so the reason that WIN32 fibers are useless is that you are
> trying to provide continuations.

Fiber do not work within my lib because it allows that on UMS creates
and schedules another UMS. With WIN32 Fibers I could not get it working.

> This is something not supported on
> Windows, so I wish you luck.

I'm using assembler and now I got SEH working.

> I expect that your final solution will be
> version specific and fragile;

why

> but of course this is true of all of your
> *NIX versions too, so it should be okay.

you are trolling ?
From: olk on
Am 29.04.2010 12:43, schrieb rogero:
> On Apr 28, 2:17 pm, rogero<roger....(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> - The OS may be validating that the elements on the exception chain
>> are between StackBase and StackLimit.
>
> This does appear to be the case.
> Can you change these values to match your replaced stack?
>
> I suspect this moves into somewhat undefined territory ...

I could get it working.

From: m on
<SNIP/>
>> I expect that your final solution will be
>> version specific and fragile;
>
> why

Because your solution needs to depend on platform and OS version specific
behaviours. For example, you cannot have a single code base for x86 and x64
Windows, and the OS handling of SEH is different enough that you might not
be able to have a single version for both XP and W7 (Safe SEH PE info,
etc.). This may not be important to you, but you should be aware that the
potential exists for future service packs or versions of Windows to break
the code that you have worked hard to write.

> > but of course this is true of all of your
>> *NIX versions too, so it should be okay.
>
> you are trolling ?

You might call it that; but despite the fact that I don't think your library
is very useful, I am trying to help you to solve your problems.

From: olk on
Am 01.05.2010 03:40, schrieb m:
> <SNIP/>
>>> I expect that your final solution will be
>>> version specific and fragile;
>>
>> why
>
> Because your solution needs to depend on platform and OS version
> specific behaviours. For example, you cannot have a single code base for
> x86 and x64 Windows, and the OS handling of SEH is different enough that
> you might not be able to have a single version for both XP and W7 (Safe
> SEH PE info, etc.).
The lib has already different implementations for the platforms. Think
on i386 and x86_64 - requires different assembler code. providing
different implemtnations for the several platforms isn't an issue.

> This may not be important to you, but you should be
> aware that the potential exists for future service packs or versions of
> Windows to break the code that you have worked hard to write.
possibly

>> > but of course this is true of all of your
>>> *NIX versions too, so it should be okay.
>>
>> you are trolling ?
>
> You might call it that; but despite the fact that I don't think your
> library is very useful, I am trying to help you to solve your problems.
Thx - I solved the problem already.