From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet(a)dfenton.com.invalid> wrote:

>Over on StackOverflow someone was asking about how to get the last
>Autonumber value, and I suggested SELECT @@IDENTITY in the same
>connection as the insert is made, and said "just like SQL Server."

David

You want to write up an article on this and I'll post it as a blog?
Or should I just write up a paragraph mentioning this thread?

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: dj on

From: David W. Fenton on
"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote in

> "David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet(a)dfenton.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Over on StackOverflow someone was asking about how to get the last
>>Autonumber value, and I suggested SELECT @@IDENTITY in the same
>>connection as the insert is made, and said "just like SQL Server."
>
> You want to write up an article on this and I'll post it as a
> blog? Or should I just write up a paragraph mentioning this
> thread?

The post you replied and the StackOverflow discussion is all I have
to say about it (I don't blog about Access!). I'd like someone on
the Access team to be asked about this, to be honest. It seems to me
to be a significant issue, what with A2010 having the equivalent of
triggers now.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/